You are cordially invited to
- Quetzal Stories of Change Exhibition Opening
- on Wednesday 9th February 2022
- at Quetzal Building 14-16 Talbot Lane LE1 4LR
- Doors will Open at 3.00pm and Close at 7.00pm
The exhibition is open from Wednesday 9th February until Wednesday 9th March 2022. To visit the exhibition over the month, please book your visit by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the exhibition
Quetzal Stories of Change is a collective exhibition bringing together artists, organisations and institutions exploring arts and its role in supporting survivors in their journey towards recovery.
For over 30 years Quetzal has provided a safe and private space for female survivors of childhood sexual abuse.We are open to women aged 16 and over living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland to enable them to explore the impacts of abuse on their lives.
The artworks displayed in the counselling rooms showcase numerous stories of survivors’ journey towards recovery and change. The artworks from the artists, Kaajel Patel and Em Penney will be on sale. Part of the proceedings will go to Quetzal supporting female survivors in their journey toward recovery.
The exhibition sets at Quetzal building will feature:
- Female artists painters and survivors – Em Penney, Eugenie Bitty, Kaajel Patel, Elizabeth Shane
- The University of Leicester – Let’s Talk about Sexual Violence Installation
- H.O.P.E Consultancy and Training – #75women Digital Project
- Lightseekers – Community Art Installation Moksha (Liberation)
- NCS Team 5 Star – Artworks
- Quetzal Volunteer Community Connector Posters
- Trade Sexual Health – Bhensexplaining Kitty Party
The exhibition has been curated by Dr Marie Lefebvre assisted by Deborah Knight
- You can make a donation when booking a ticket for the event – Book here and donate
- You can purchase the artists work
- The artworks from the artists, Kaajel Patel and Em Penney will be on sale. Part of the proceeds will go to Quetzal enabling us to continue our FREE support to female survivors of childhood sexual abuse in their journey toward recovery.
- You can invite us to display the artwork at your venue. Contact us directly so we can give you more information about the tour of the exhibition