Quetzal works to provide free, and inclusive, counselling, support services and outreach to empower women and girls who have experienced childhood sexual abuse to begin recovery from trauma. We are available to all women over the age of 16 in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland and provide the longer-term support necessary to work with the multiple and complex trauma caused by childhood sexual abuse.
The purpose of this voluntary role is to support Quetzal with managing different social media channels, with an aim to maximise engagement, promote volunteering and raise awareness of our campaigns.
- Maintaining active social media accounts.
- Researching and creating creative content for different social media channels.
- Thinking of innovative ways to drive online engagement.
- Identifying target audiences and being up to date with current trends.
- Writing and creating content to be added to our website.
- Write a variety of unique material for our website, blog, and social media.
- Research ideas, sources, and facts pertinent to the topic assigned.
- Develop engaging content to make articles relevant and interesting to readers.
What skills are we looking for?
- Training will be provided, but the following will be useful:
- Experience of using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok, Pinterest, Youtube.
- Good written communication skills, with accuracy and good attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively when sharing content.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and motivated to work as an individual.
- Ability to uphold a professional manner when communicating online.
- Basic digital photography experience will be useful but not necessary.
What will you gain from this opportunity?
- Comprehensive induction, training, and ongoing support.
- Valuable experience for those seeking a career in marketing, social media and PR.
- Learn about quetzal’s work and take part in training throughout the year.
- Being part of a friendly team.
- Reasonable local travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with quetzal’s policy
- Quetzal can provide to future employers.
Volunteers are welcome to claim back expenses that are incurred whilst volunteering. This includes travelling via public transport and parking fees.
Expenses are processed monthly and paid by BACS – bank details will be requested when the first claim is made.
This role is not suitable for current clients of Quetzal or anyone who has used our services in the last 12 months due to the potentially triggering nature of the calls.
Female applicants only – This post is exempt under Schedule 9, part 1 of the Equality Act 2010 – We are a women-only group because we believe it is vital that women have safe and supportive spaces where they can come without fear of re-traumatisation to explore their experiences and begin to recover from the trauma of childhood sexual abuse. Opening about trauma is a deeply personal and vulnerable experience and clients tell us they feel more at ease in a female-only space. Research shows that women-only services create a safe space, physically and emotionally and result in better outcomes for women. We recognise that men care about women too and that many men and boys experience sexual violence. We can signpost men affected by sexual violence to specialist services in Leicester that cater specifically for their needs.
Send us your CV at email@example.com if you’re interested in being a Social Media Volunteer at Quetzal.