Become a Trustee Supporting Women Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse who are aged 16 and above, living Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
Quetzal is growing and evolving.
To support our transition and development, we are seeking new Trustees to join our Board with the following appropriate experience:
- A Treasurer
- A Trustee with HR/Personnel experience
- A Trustee with Governance experience (ideally in the charitable or local authority sector)
- A trustee experienced in strategic direction including that of managing change
Become a Trustee at Quetzal
Quetzal is a Company Limited by Guarantee and a registered Charity. Quetzal provides free confidential counselling to women who are aged 16 and above (no upper age limit), who live in the Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland areas. We offer free, time limited counselling through face-to-face, telephone and online sessions. Quetzal provide specialist counselling to help and support women cope and recover from the trauma of childhood sexual abuse.
Quetzal Trustees are both Trustees of the Charity and Directors of the company overseeing the work of the organisation. Being a Quetzal trustee is an important role! We are proud of our volunteers and the service provided to women, and ask that Trustee’s also share this same sense of pride. Trustee’s act as ‘guardians of purpose’, ensuring the needs of the beneficiaries are central to how we provide our services. Trustee’s play a large and responsible role in safeguarding the Charity through strategic governance and responsible decision making.
If you want to make a difference and support women to cope and recover from the trauma of childhood sexual abuse by ensuring you play a vital role in setting the organisational direction, we want to hear from you!
Please note this is a volunteering opportunity and require a commitment of one year minimum.
How it all works
What are the Trustee’s’ general collective duties?
- Give strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and targets, and evaluating performance against these.
- Ensure that the organisation promotes its charitable objects and complies with its governing instruments and with relevant law and regulations.
- Safeguard the organisation’s good name and values.
- Ensure that the organisation is run effectively and efficiently and applies its resources exclusively in furtherance of its objects.
- Ensure financial stability, good management and stewardship of property, competent investment of funds and proper accounting.
What do I need?
- Be able to travel to Leicester for monthly Board Meetings, that are held in the evenings.
- Be interested in taking a role as a treasurer, have particular experience in marketing, PR and communication, skills and knowledge in connection with Human Resources or in Law and Finance
- Act with integrity and commitment, and with an understanding of the responsibilities of charity trusteeship. You have a strategic vision, good independent judgement, the ability to think creatively, a willingness to speak their minds, and ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
Benefits for you
- Experience of governance and operating at a strategic level in a charitable organisation.
- Development of skills, and expertise as a trustee
- Invaluable experience towards your future career.
What you get from us
Specialist in-house training on childhood sexual abuse and any further identified training which is relevant for Board Members. You will receive a comprehensive induction to an organisation who are the forerunners in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland in providing time-limited specialist counselling to women supported by a passionate and dedicated team.